Here at Gardens of the World, the safety and well-being of our employees and our customers is always our top priority and we recognize that responsibility as a business. We know this is more important than ever right now. We are closely monitoring the updates from reliable sources like the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19).
We ensure everyone that the resources to stay healthy will continue to be available within our store. A policy has been put in place to routinely clean products, door handles, countertops, etc. throughout the day in a greater effort to keep our employees and customers safe. In these uncertain times, expect that we will give you a warm hello and a sincere smile, but that we will not shake your hand to avoid passing germs.
In accordance with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommendations, we encourage our associates to:
- Wash their hands often with soap and warm or hot water for at least 20 seconds; use hand sanitizer when hand washing is not an option.
- Avoid touching their face with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick and reduce interactions, such as handshakes, with others.
- Stay home if they are sick or presenting symptoms like those of COVID-19.
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces with products proven to kill other strains of coronaviruses.
- Stay Informed. We continue to share best practices to stay healthy from the CDC with our associates.
- Help us stay vigilant. If they have traveled to any of the areas with outbreaks of the virus, we ask that they follow guidance on the CDC website.
As you may know, we have been receiving in new and fresh plant product on a regular basis and we are fully stocked on all other products as well. We look forward to working with all of you and hope everyone has a great year.
Reasons to Shop at your Local Garden Center this Spring…
- Since we are experiencing travel bans, now is a great time to plan your summer “staycation” and spend more time at home enjoying your own landscaping.
- Science has proven that sunlight and working in the dirt boosts your immune system and reduces stress. Actual gardening is also an exercise benefit. Not to mention the fresh air!
- Due to the current restaurant restrictions, it’s a great idea to do your own home cooking using your garden fresh vegetables and herbs grown in your own garden.
- Due to the suggestion social distancing to avoid big crowds, come and wander outside in the fresh air at your local garden center.
- Clean the air in your homes with indoor house plants.
- Have your outdoor furniture purchase, mulch, topsoil and plant products delivered directly to your home.